Monday, April 18, 2011

Kid Convo

This conversation isn't with multiples and isn't even with any of our kiddos, but we'll all have elementary aged children one day, if not already, and all I can say is that teachers know more about what goes on at home than you'll ever care to discover.  In this case, it's just funny, not too embarrassing.  (In my opinion.)

Today while subbing in a third grade classroom, I conducted a survey presented by their school's yearbook committee.  The question:  What's your favorite TV show?  I expected the usual Disney or Nickelodeon shows to pop up and did hear a few of those- iCarly, Phineas & Ferb, SpongeBob.  Then there were some later evening shows like Survivor and American Idol.  The best contribution to the list came from a little boy who beats to his own drum- Amazing Cake Stories.  I was speechless, doing my best to maintain composure.

It made my day to hear this little boy share his love of Amazing Cake Stories, be it because his parents watch or just because he loves to watch it himself.  The best was during the silent heads down, eyes closed, hand count for your top three choices- Amazing Cake Stories received not one, but two votes by two little guys in the class.

One of Julie's amazing cakes! :)

This post is for Julie N., whose children could likely choose this show as their favorite one day, and who should go on Amazing Cake Stories, although I have to admit it's a show I've never even heard of until today and I'm not entirely sure it even exists. 

1 comment:

  1. My girls already watch the Cake shows with me, although I would say that the "Wild Kratts" would be the answer they would give to that question.

    ReplyDelete