Friday, March 18, 2011

Meet the Board: Tiffany C.

My husband and I had discussed how many children we wanted to have and what we thought would be a good number long before we even were married. It was important for me and someone I viewed as my possible lifelong partner to know what I was wanting out of life. I also mentioned to him on a side note that there was this little chance that possibly in our future we could have twins. This was mostly due to the fact that my dad and aunt were twins. I never really thought it would be a reality. We were married March 25, 2006. We found out we were expecting on January 25, 2008. Mark and I were elated to find out we were going to have a baby!

On February 22, 2008 we had our appointment to find out how things were going since we were almost at week 10 and I had a family history of twins they wanted to do an ultrasound. My OBGYN had a small ultrasound machine in her office, so we went ahead and took a peak. What we saw wasn’t anything even the doctor or nurses could explain.  What we were seeing looked like several little egg sacs with beating hearts and the doctor said I am just not sure how many there are; it is at least two babies in there. My husband was about to fall over at this point, I think his face was white and he was just a little shocked. So I drank more water and we went in to the hospital for a clearer look at things. When we got in there she moved the wand around and soon it appeared clear as day you could see two little fetuses in there. My husband was filled with relief at this point. He had been preparing for many babies by this time and two seemed like wonderful news!

About a month after our appointment they told us we were having a boy and a girl, we went in for a growth analysis appointment and got some unexpected news. They would have to monitor baby B much closer, as he had a perforation hole in his abdomen somewhere and there was fluid buildup in his stomach cavity. This is a condition that corrects itself most often before babies are born, many people don’t even see this happen in utero.  Most women with only one fetus, unless they have complications, only get the minimal ultrasounds and these types of things can go undetected. It really isn’t known how many babies have this condition. We did have our freak out sessions and worries but after talking with my Uncle who is a doctor and reading more on it, I was confident my little guy was going to be just fine.

I had a wonderful twin pregnancy that included being able to camp, work full time, be a bridesmaid in two weddings and go to the county fair and walk around. I was able to go throughout the entire pregnancy with no more bed rest then I wanted to have.  Towards the end we ran into a few bumps in the road for mom, such as Pupps Rash, High Blood Pressure, and Bell’s palsy.  We finally had a C section on September 6, 2008. I was 36 weeks and 6 days. They were loud, big and healthy!  All the things a mom could wish for. Cami was born first at 7 lbs 3 ounces and 19 inches long. Ty was born second at 8 lbs 10 ounces and 20 inches long. Mark got to carry them both out to the nurses waiting to clean them up further and he was a proud daddy.

I had an infection and was re-hospitalized for three days about a week after the babies were born and that was very hard for me to leave them at home during that time. However, it was necessary since I wasn’t even able to care for myself at that point. After my infection was treated and we were back on track with life at home, things were a bit hectic but with the help of family and friends we made it through the sleepless nights and stages that seemed like they lasted an eternity. The kids are now two and a half and both growing like weeds. I had no idea how wonderful it would be to have two kids the same age at the same time. It seemed really scary at first thinking of the idea on that day back in February of 2008. “Two of Everything?” I remember asking myself.  Yes, a wonderful two of everything and I wouldn’t change it for the world!



Tiffany C.
2011 FHM Resale Co-Coordinator
Mommy to Cami & Ty, 2 1/2 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment